Sometimes you want to make food which can be made easily in large quantity as well, is healthy and does not take much of your time. You may need it for gatherings or just that you want to cover 2 meals by cooking only one time. If you are looking for such recipes well do not look ahead here are some recipes which can be easily made in large quantities. Of course, you have to tweak the ingredients according to a number of people you are having or how many times the meal is going to be served. For eg – You are cooking rice for both day and night meals so you may want to double the quantity of what you were only going to cook for day time.
So here some of the recipes which can be easily made in large quantities –
Rice is indeed on the ingredients which can easily be cooked for larger amount of people. And when you make pulao out of it, instantly becomes healthy. Here is a quick recipe for pulao –
- Green chilli
- Mustard seeds
- Dhaniya Powder
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Pav bhaji masala/Pulao masala
- Boiled rice
- The first step you need to do is boil rice according to the number of people you are having. Make sure the rice is only 80% cooked and not overcooked.
- While the rice is boiling you can start preparing the vegetables.
- In a kadhai, put some oil and once it is heated put bayleaves, cloves, cardamom and mustard seeds in it and saute for 30 seconds.
- After which you have to put onions and saute them for at least 1 minute, once the onion is done you can put rest of the vegetables and saute them for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are sauteed you have to put haldi and salt according to taste, and saute vegetables for another 30seconds to 1 minute.
- Once this is done start putting rest of the powdered masalas like red chili powder, dhaniya powder, and pav bhaji masala or pulao masala.
- Coat all the masalas thoroughly on the vegetables. Once this is done you can add garam masala and mix it with the vegetables do not sautee the vegetables too much after putting in garam masala.
- Now that your fried vegetables are ready add rice to them and squeeze lemon in it. Mix it well.
- Tadaa your pulao is ready to eat.
Pasta can be made in huge quantities as well. Here is the recipe for white sauce pasta –
- Boiled Pasta
- Baby corn
- Chilly flakes
- Kali Mirch
- Your first step is to boil the pasta. Take a huge utensil fill 80% of it with water and keep it for boiling. Add a spoon of oil to the water as well. Once you see bubbles forming in the water that is your cue to put pasta in the water. And let the pasta boil. Do not overcook the pasta.
- While the pasta is boiling prepare white sauce.
- In a kadhai put some butter and let it melt. Once the butter melts put maida in it and mix both of them together. Make sure that maida does not burns and it does not turns brown in color. Mix both of them together max to max 2 minutes on low heat. After this is done start adding milk to the maida and butter mixture. Keep mixing while you are pouring the milk so that less lumps are formed. Once you have poured the milk staring whisking the milk if you have normal non electric whisker or a big ladle will also work. Let the milk boil and get thick to form in sauce. Add salt , kali mirch, oregano and cheese to the mixture and white sauce is ready.
- Coming to vegetables you need to saute vegetables in butter for only 2 to 3 minutes and put oregano, salt, chilly flakes, and kali mirch in it.
- Now that the vegetables are ready to mix it with white sauce and once the pasta is boiled pour the pasta in white sauce and voila your alfredo pasta or white sauce pasta is ready!
Here were 2 recipes that you can make in large quantities and are healthy as well.