Breakfast is one of the important meals of the day and some people like it to be healthy especially if you are going to eat out the rest of the day, or you will have lunch late or simply because eating healthy is your priority. Everyone says that vegetarians don’t have great choices when it comes to food but that is absolutely false. Vegetarians have a mass number of options when it comes to any meal, you just need to know about them. But if you are a non-vegetarian who is shifting to a vegetarian diet and is finding problems eating a healthy breakfast which is veg then don’t worry we have got you covered.
Here are some amazing healthy breakfast ideas which are for sure veg –
This is one of the common Indian breakfasts and is veg. Poha is also called flattened rice. It is a very healthy and quick dish to make. Here are the ingredients you will need –
- Poha or flattened rice
- Green chillies
- Mustard seeds
Steps to make Poha
- First, you need to wash Poha thoroughly so that all the dirt present gets removed. Wash it at least 2 to 3 times.
- To the washed poha add 1tbsp salt, sugar and lemon.
- After which you need to heat oil in a kadhai.
- Once the oil is heated you need to add mustard seeds, green chillies and some peanuts
- Stir them for 30 seconds
- After which you need to add small diced potatoes. Stir the potatoes for 1 minute and then add salt and 1tbsp turmeric. Stir all of them together and saute the potatoes until they are soft and perfectly cooked.
- Once the potatoes are cooked you need to add the tomatoes and cook them until soft.
- Once the vegetables are cooked all you need to do is add the poha and mix all of the things together. And stir the poha for at least 2 to 3 minutes and voila you are done!!
- Semolina or suji
- Baking sods/eno
- Green chillies
- Mustard seeds
- Sesame seeds
For making dhokla –
- First, take 2 to 3 cups of sooji and add curd just as much that it creates a liquid consistency. If you don’t have curd you can use buttermilk. And if you don’t have curd after adding whatever curd you had you can add water to the batter as well. Mix the curd and sooji together and create a liquid batter-like consistency. Don’t make it runny as water keeps it medium thick. Add 2 to 3 spoons of gram flour to it, some green chillies and of course salt. Let the batter rest for as much as you can. Minimum let it rest for at least half-hour.
- Once the time for resting is over-prepare your steamer. Grease the containers with oil and add water in the steamer and let the water heater on the stove. Once you see the water heating you need to add baking soda to the batter and mix them and immediately pour the batter into the containers of the steamers and patt the containers to destroy any bubbles in the batter.
- Let the dhoklas steam for at least 20 minutes, once 20 minutes are over open the lid and with a knife check whether the dhoklas are done or not. If the dhoklas don’t stick to the knife then your dhoklas is ready but if it sticks then you need to steam it for more minutes.
- Once your dhoklas are steamed you need to start preparing the tempering or tadka.
- Add oil to a tadka pan let it heat and then add mustard seeds and sesame seeds to it. After which add slit green chillies and a little bit of red chilli powder and only a little bit of sugar. Once your tempering is ready spread the tempering all over your dhokla and your tasty dhoklas are ready to eat!
3. Chillas or vegetable pancakes
- Sooji or semolina
- First, take 2 to 3 cups of sooji and add curd just as much that it creates a liquid consistency. If you don’t have curd you can use buttermilk. And if you don’t have curd after adding whatever curd you had you can add water to the batter as well. Mix the curd and sooji together and create a liquid batter-like consistency. Don’t make it runny as water keeps it medium thick. Add carrot, capsicum, onion and cabbage to the mixture and also add some green chillies. Mix all of them together and keep them aside for a minimum of half-hour.
- Heat your non-stick pan, take a spoon and pour the batter onto a hot pan. Once the one side is cooked flip to cook the other side. When both the sides are cooked serve them with some coriander chutney or just sauce.
Here were top 3 healthy breakfast recipes which are vegetarian and easy to make.