Many people think that a vegetarian does not have great options when it comes to healthy recipes. But that is a complete myth. There are a ton of vegetarian recipes which are healthy and light. So if you are looking for some amazing vegetarian recipes that are healthy then you are at the right place.
Here are 5 vegetarian recipes that are healthy and light –
1. Tofu salad or Paneer salad
It depends upon you whether you need tofu or paneer
- Veggies of your choice
- Olive oil
- Spices ( chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, Kali Mirch etc. )
- Lime juice
- Fresh Dhaniya or coriander
In a small skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. You need to keep stirring, until aromatic, about one minute after adding the chili powder, garam masala, turmeric, garlic, and ginger. Add yoghurt, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper after transferring to a medium bowl. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the lime juice to 1/4 cup in a small bowl. Place aside.
Toss the broccolini and bell pepper with the dressing in a separate bowl. Place on a platter. Toss the tofu gently in the seperate dish to coat.
Grease the grill with oil. Tofu, broccolini, and bell pepper should be grilled for 6 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through. If using, garnish with lime wedges and cilantro and drizzle with the leftover sauce.
2. Whole wheat pasta
The only change in this recipe is that you need to take wheat pasta instead of whole flour pasta, to make it into a healthier version. You can skip the white sauce pasta and go for creamy mushroom sauce pasta to make it more healthy and avoid all the cheese.
- Whole wheat pasta
- Seasonings and salt
Put the pasta in salted boiling water for the amount of time recommended on the package. Prepare the sauce while the pasta is boiling. 2. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot. Add mushrooms and a little milk. 3. Add some of the water in which the shitake mushroom was submerged after the milk has combined. 4. Add the herbs, and salt, and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. 5. When the pasta is finished cooking, add it to the sauce along with some pasta water. Serve right away.
3. Aloo tamatar ki sabzi
If you are an Indian you have had this sabzi at some point in your life, Maybe at a ritual or at langar or simply at any dhaba.
- Boiled potatoes
- Ginger garlic
Put the par-boiled potatoes in a bowl and add some oil, salt, turmeric, and red pepper flakes. and fry them at high temperatures. Set apart. 2. Marinate the paneer cubes in a separate basin with salt, turmeric, red pepper flakes, and a little oil. Fried on high temperature. Set apart.
To make the gravy
1. add oil, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, black and green cardamom, and green cardamom to a pan. Saute. 2. Stir in the chopped onions and cook them until they begin to become golden. Add the green chillies, ginger, and garlic. 3. Next, add the tomatoes, hing, turmeric, cumin, and coriander powders. Add water to the tomatoes after they begin to wilt to hasten the cooking process. Cook for 3–4 minutes at a simmer. 4. Include butter and milk. Add the paneer and fried potatoes after cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. For 3 to 4 minutes, simmer. 5. Serve with chopped mint leaves.
4. Vegetable sandwich
Just 5 words – You will love this dish.
- Whole wheat bread
- Boiled potatoes
- Chat masala
- It is a very simple recipe first you need to make green chutney. For that in a mixer jar, you need to add coriander and mint leaves. Add green chillies, peanuts and little curd to it. And mix them. After they turn into a fine paste add lemon and salt according to taste.
- Once your repent chutney is prepared all you need to do is layer all the vegetables after applying chutney to the bread. You need to start with boiled potatoes and then you can layer however you want. It is a great, quick and healthy recipe.
5. Fried rice
- 1 bowl Brown rice boiled
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp carrots, chopped
- 3-4 baby corn, chopped
- 4-5 tbsp cabbage (diced)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4-5 green beans, chopped
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- for garnishing spring onion greens
Add 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, and chili to a pan. Saute. 2. Include cabbage, green beans, baby corn, and carrots. Add sesame oil when sautéing. Put the rice in. 3. Add wine, soy sauce, salt, and pepper to season. For one minute, cook. 4. Garnish with some chopped spring onion leaves and serve hot.
Here were some great recipes for vegetarians to try for.